Presented by: Musikwoche Hitzacker
- J. S. BACH Harpsicord Concerto in G Minor, BWV 1058
- G. P. TELEMANN Viola Concerto in G Major
- J. S. BACH Sinfonia from Cantata "Ich steh mit einem Fuß im Grabe", BWV 156
- J. S. BACH Cantata "Sehet, wir gehn hinauf gen Jerusalem", BWV 159
- Albrecht Mayer oboe & leader
- Antonia Feuerstein soprano
- Annike Debus alto
- Ferdinand Dehner tenor
- Timothy Sharp bariton
- Elina Albach harpsicord
- Liisa Randallu viola
- Musicians of the MCO
ABOUT THIS CONCERT
For their first visit to the Hitzacker Musikwoche, the Mahler Chamber Orchestra will be playing a concert together with the festival's current Artistic Director: oboeist Albrecht Mayer. From the season of 2024 onwards, the Mahler Chamber Orchestra will take over that role for a period of five years. In its 25th season, the MCO is thus preparing for a whole new adventure, not only playing but fully curating a seven-day festival.
The program of this concert consists of a repertoire that the MCO plays less frequently, that from the Baroque era. Combining sacred works by German composers J. S. Bach and G. T. Telemann in the setting of the St. Johanisskirche in Hitzacker is bound to provide a magical atmosphere.