- W. A. MOZART Piano Concerto No. 5, K. 175
- W. A. MOZART Symphony No. 6, K. 43
- W. A. MOZART Piano Concerto No. 27, K. 595
- Mitsuko Uchida piano & director
- José Maria Blumenschein concertmaster & leader
ABOUT THIS CONCERT
The Mahler Chamber Orchestra and Mitsuko Uchida commenced their Artistic Partnership in 2016. Since they have brought a large variety of musical programmes to the finest concert halls worldwide. The Partnership focuses on the tasteful pairing of composers from the two Viennese schools. A favourite guest of the repertoire is Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. The program of concerts with the MCO and Mitsuko Uchida usually contains a piece where the MCO plays alone. Throughout the Artistic Partnership, the Orchestra has further developed into an independent entity and worthy soloist.
Following a Southern tour at the beginning of January, this tour takes the MCO and Mitsuko Uchida through some of the most prestigious venues in Europe.