Presented by: Calperformances
- W. A. MOZART Piano Concerto No. 17, K. 453
- J. WIDMANN Chorale Quartet
- W. A. MOZART Piano Concerto No. 22, K. 482
- Mitsuko Uchida piano & director
- José Maria Blumenschein concertmaster & leader
ABOUT THIS CONCERT
The Spring of 2024 brings the Mahler Chamber Orchestra back to the USA! This time, we start off in Berkeley to make our way to New York via Chicago.
The programme is made of pieces that are linked to the classical period. W. A. Mozart was one of the most prolific and prominent composers of that period and J. Widmann found inspiration in Haydn's Seven Last Words whilst writing his Choral Quartet. Originally composed for four instruments, this unique arrangement - premiered by the Mahler Chamber Orchestra in 2020 - infuses a new energy into Widmann's work.
Earlier this season, we toured Japan and Europe with Mitsuko Uchida, and are glad to make our way back to America together.